Customer Support Services Question Bank
If you’re building a customer surveying program for a support service operation, and you are looking for more assistance than books on survey design can simply provide, the Support Services Question Bank & Survey Assistant may meet your needs. This Question Bank provides a comprehensive set of tools to assist a survey project manager from the start of the project to the writing of the report. As a toolkit, it provides as much assistance as is possible — short of personal consulting. The tools focus on the areas of expertise that a seasoned survey creator can provide — and you can apply. Think of the Question Bank as a “consultant in a box.”
The heart of the Question Bank is a set of well over 100 survey questions written to comprehensively address the attributes of a support service delivery event and questions that measure summary attitudes driven by the service. Each question is written for 5 scale types to provide you extensive flexibility in building your own survey instrument, whether it be an on-going transaction-driven survey or an annual relationship survey. The Question Bank also contains examples of survey program announcement notices, introductions, instructions, section headings, subject lines for email invitations and other text that is part of a survey instrument. Sample instruments are also included. Quite simply, all the tools are here for you to build a quality survey instrument.
How can you use the Question Bank to build your own questionnaire?
- First, decide what attributes of the service delivery event you want to measure.
- Second, decide on a scale type.
- Third, select those questions for that scale type from the Question Bank that measure the above attributes.
- Fourth, write the introduction, instructions, and other accompanying text using examples in the Question Bank.
But the assistance of the Support Services Question Bank & Survey Assistant doesn’t stop there! In electronic media, we provide additional, invaluable material for your survey project:
- An example of survey data analysis using an Excel spreadsheet on a sample data set, including charting the results. With this spreadsheet you can take the formulas and apply them to your own data set. It also shows an efficient, clean way to lay out your spreadsheet to simplify the analysis task.
- Survey sample size calculator in an Excel spreadsheet that allows you to determine the number of responses needed for different levels of statistical accuracy and for different “population” sizes.
- Project management templates using Microsoft Project and Excel for a typical survey project. The template won’t match your project exactly, but it contains a comprehensive list of the tasks you might perform with ideas about the amount of time required for each task. This will help ensure your project plan is realistic, and the input of a seasoned surveyor means that tasks will be identified that a novice surveyor would not even consider.
- Sample management report outline. This report outline will show you the typical sections of a management report.
Each of these tools alone — the Question Bank, the spreadsheet, the project plan, and the report template — will save you days and days of work while reducing your uncertainly in managing the project. Combined, they’re a compelling value.
Question Bank & Survey Assistant you will save days — if not weeks — of time.
And your result will be a higher quality survey program!
Purchasing the Question Bank
The list price of the Support Services Question Bank & Survey Assistant from Great Brook is US $295.00, but we are now offering our full color version for $145.00, printed on heavy weight, bright white paper, spiral bound. Black-and-white versions (printed on basic white paper) can be purchased for $95.00.
Or purchase the PDF version for $295.00. Multiple copies of the PDF version can be shared among your whole team — with just one purchase.
Attendees of our Survey Design Workshop qualify for a 30% discount. And if you order Dr. Fred’s how-to book Customer Surveying: A Guidebook for Service Managers, we’ll reduce the price of the Customer Surveying book by 50% off the current price.
Some of our Survey Mentor products include the Question Bank along with personal advice and counsel.
Occasionally, we have books that have been used as display copies or that have some other minor damage to them. These we sell at a discount. Please contact us by phone or email for availability of “B stock” copies of the Question Bank.
Check our order form for shipping rates. We do ship internationally. Almost all our shipments go out by the next business day. We have held our shipping costs constant for several years, but the recent shipping cost increases forced us to raise our shipping rates. Follow the link for details about our shipping processes especially international shipments.
To order, please use our secure online order form. Or contact us by phone or email.
Want to preview parts of the Question Bank? Please fill out our online request form or contact us and we will send you — with no charge or obligation — the first three chapters of the Question Bank.
Printing information: 86 pages, 8.5″ x 11″, spiral bound.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Organization of the Support Services Question Bank & Survey Assistant
Chapter 3: How to Use the Support Services Question Bank & Survey Assistant
Chapter 4: Motivational and Explanatory Text: Announcement Notice, Survey Introduction, Instructions, Section Headings, and Closings
Chapter 5: Response Scales: Choosing and Applying a Scale
Chapter 6: Tailoring the Question Terminology and Phrasing
Chapter 7: Sample instruments
Chapter 8: Sample Data Analysis
Chapter 9: Sample Report
Chapter 10: Question Bank
Chapter 11: About the Author