Questionnaire & Survey Design Workshops
— Questionnaire Design Workshop is day 1
Survey Project Management
- What is a survey?
- What are we measuring in a survey?
- What are the types of surveys?
- What are the major challenges to getting meaningful data from a survey?
- Why is a set of research objectives important at the start of a project?
- What resources — people & budget — are needed for a successful survey project?
Questionnaire Design (Instrument Design)
- What are the elements of a questionnaire?
- Why should the invitation and introduction be treated as one?
- What are the steps in designing a survey instrument?
- What are the three categories of survey questions?
- What are the proper uses of demographic questions?
- How can we identify the questions we need to ask about service performance?
- What is a focus group? A critical incident study?
- Why are pilot tests so critical?
- What are the three key characteristics of a well written question?
- What are typical errors in question construction?
- Why are ambiguous questions a problem?
- What does the question types affect the analysis I can do on the data?
- What type of data does each question type generates?
- When should I use each question type?
- What are the concerns when designing each type of question?
- How should rating scales be constructed? Scale length, placement of the anchor labels, scale presentation, scale direction, etc.
Survey Data Analysis Workshop
Basic Analysis of the Survey Data
- What first steps should I take when starting the analysis process?
- Is data cleansing necessary?
- How can I analyze comments from open-ended questions and text from interviews?
- What type of analysis can I do
- For multiple choice checklist questions?
- For forced ranking or ordinal scale questions?
- For interval rating scale questions, including likert scales?
- Is there a quicker way to generate descriptive statistics for a range of survey questions?
Advanced Statistical Analysis
- How can I answer “what if” questions when analyzing the data set?
- What’s driving outcomes, for example, customer satisfaction?
- Do the results from this year’s survey differ from last year’s survey?
- Do the demographic segments in the respondent group differ in their survey results?
- How can I do all this analysis with a desktop spreadsheet tool?
Presentation of the Results
- What information should be included in the written report?
- How best to organize and present the results?
- What charts work best for each data type (question type)?
- What to avoid when creating charts?